A blend of 2 clones this year, the majority being Gin Gin (70%) and the rest Clone 1 (30%). A portion of whole bunch pressing with the remainder being crushed and destemmed to 55% new french oak barrels and 45% 1+2 year old french oak barrels. 100% wild fermentation with roughly 40% Malo lactic fermentation before winter sunk in.
The nose is lifted with jasmine, lemon mist and notes of toasty brioche. On the palate, lime rind and grapefruit pith dominated with good fruit concentration and a bracing acid backbone giving length. Battonage had filled out the mid palate and there is a nice array of white stone fruits present. Drink now or cellar over 10+ years